Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Cutting Knife, Cooking Tray, Oven
Sweet potatoes are an extremely nutritious vegetable. Antioxidants that contribute to their orange and purple colors offer additional health benefits not usually found in regular potatoes.
Recipe makes 1 serving.
Food Group Servings
1 small, sweet potato, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 dash red pepper flakes, or to taste
Preheat your oven to 450 F.
Rinse the potato as best you can. Cut it in half, the long way. Cut each half the long way again to have 4 long pieces of potato. Then, cut each fourth into 1/4-1/2 inch wide pieces.
Place all of the diced potato pieces into a bowl. Pour in the olive oil and add in the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Mix the ingredients with your hands to thoroughly spread the seasoning.
Spread out the potato pieces on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet on middle rack of pre-heated oven. Cook for at least 25 minutes. Half way through flip the potato pieces to cook evenly. When the potatoes have achieve your desired crispness, enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
- Herbs also go great on these potatoes. We like parsley, dill, thyme, and rosemary.
- For extra spice, add more red pepper flakes or ground cayenne.
- If you like sweet, topping with cinnamon helps to enhance the sweetness of the potato.
- Putting tin foil on the tray before the potatoes will significantly speed up your clean up!