Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Air Fryer OR Oven + Baking Sheet, Bowl, Small bowl or container
Having troubble finding a satisfying salad? Try this protein rich salt to help get those veggies in and keep the hunger pains away! Also makes a great meal prep lunch item!
Serving Size: 4 oz chicken and about 3 cups salad mix
Recipe makes about 6 servings of chicken and 1 serving salad.
Food Group Servings
1 1/2 lbs. skinless chicken breast cut in 1 inch chunks
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon Adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce (ideally the low sodium version)
4 ounces chicken from recipe
1 1/2 cups romain lettuce
1/2 medium tomato
1/3 cup red cabbage, shredded
1 small orange
1/4 cup cucumber, diced or chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp teriyaki sauce, low sodium
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
In separate bowl, season chicken with above ingredients. Let sit for approximately 1 hour covered (in fridge if longer) to marinate.
To cook, choose which options works better for you:
Air Fryer: Preheat airfyer to 390 degrees F. Once preheated place chicken cubes in air fryer with space in between (you may need to do several rounds as you do not want to overcrowd the air fryer. Lightly spray with canola or olive oil to help them brown in air fryer. Set air fryer for 12 minutes. Halfway through (at 6 minute mark) pause cooking, to flip chicken over. Finish cooking. Ensure chicken is cooked through.
Note: Air fryer temps may be different depending on air fryer
Oven: Preheat oven to 420 degrees F. Place chicken on a baking tray. Lightly spray with canola or olive oil to help them brown in oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Chop up the lettuce, tomato and cucumber for the salad. Grate the cabbage, or buy pre-shredded J
Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
Assemble the salad with the ingredients and dressing. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
- Feel free to season the chicken to your preference. The measurements serve as a guide. Everyone has different taste buds. Just be mindful with seasonings that are higher in salt such as the Adobo if you are being mindful of your salt intake.
- This recipe makes a great meal prep for the week. Refrigerate the chicken in an air tight container and make multiple servings of the salad.
Recipe adapted from FitMenCook