On-The-Go Turkey Salad
Bowl with cover, Knife, Chopping Board
Out of time, need a lunch on the go!. Try this quick and easy protein packed salad
Serving Size: 1 salad
Recipe makes 1 serving.
Food Group Servings
1.5 cups raw spinach
1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
1/4 cup pepitas, chopped
- ½ tablespoon Chipotle ranch Salad dressing (or your choice)
- 3 slices, low sodium oven roasted turkey breast, chopped
- ¼ cup Colby jack shredded cheese
Prepare ingredients: Chop up spinach leaves, red cabbage, and turkey breast slices.
In a bowl, combine the vegetables, and pepitas.
Add the tablespoon of salad dressing. Put cover on container and shake OR stir with spoon to distribute salad dressing.
Note: Shaking is a great way to get the salad dressing to all parts, making you less likely to need more!
Tips & Tricks:
- This is a great meal prep recipe. You can pack in different containers for the week ahead of time, as ingredients keep well.
- Feel free to try out different flavored salad dressings and turkey breast slices to suit your preference.
- If you need to decrease fat, modify servings of cheese and pepitas. Choose a low fat or fat free salad dressing.
- Deli turkey is naturally high in sodium. If you are trying to limit sodium in your diet, opt for cooked turkey or chicken breast. You would need to prepare this ahead of time. Aim to include 3 oz in your salad for a similar nutrition info, minus the sodium.