Honey Ginger Salmon
Utensilios de cocina
Oven, Baking Sheet, Cutting Knife
Tiempo de Preparación
Cinco (5) minutos
Hora de Cocinar
Taking a sweeter approach to our fish for this one. Salmon pairs very well with this spice combo to pack in serious flavor to this hear-healthy recipe
Información de salud
Recipe makes 1 servings.
Porciones de grupos de alimentos
4 ounces of salmon (1 filet), frozen or fresh
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 green onion top (the green, hollow part), diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- Dash of soy sauce (ideally low sodium)
- Dash of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 dashes of crushed red pepper flakes.
Pre-Heat your oven to 400 F.
In a large bowl, add in your honey, soy sauce, salt, black pepper, ground ginger, and garlic powder and mix it to an even consistency.
Cover your salmon in the mixture (either drizzle over the top and spread or put your salmon in the bowl and mix around). Sprinkle on half the diced green onion.
Once your oven is pre-heated, add in your salmon. Let it bake for 12-15 minutes, or until and internal temperature of 145 F.
If you do not have a thermometer, cut into the thickest part of the salmon and cook until the glistening deep pink color turns a duller, light pink color
Top with the rest of the green onion and enjoy!
Consejos y Trucos:
- Roast some vegetables in the oven as you bake the salmon. Some good ones are broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, or mushrooms. Just drizzle on some olive oil and season with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. It should take 15 minutes or until they start to crisp up.
- For an extra crispy texture, sear both sides in a frying pan on medium-high heat for a minute before putting it in the oven.
- Tin foil on the baking sheet will save you a lot of cleaning time.