Grilled White Fish
Utensilios de cocina
Tiempo de Preparación
Hora de Cocinar
Diez (10) minutos
Fish on the grille offers a very different flavor to you standard pan-seared or bake version. Take your favorite white fish and throw it on the grille for a few minutes and enjoy.
Información de salud
Serving Size: 4 ounces of fish (checkbook-sized)
Recipe makes 6 servings.
Porciones de grupos de alimentos
Spices used are a play on Montreal Steak Seasoning. Feel free to use the real seasoning as well.
1.5 pounds of swordfish (any white fish, swordfish holds up best on the grille)
1.5 teaspoons of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of dill weed
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 dashes of salt
- Ground black pepper- to taste (use a good amount)
- Crushed red pepper flakes (2-3 dashes)
Add the olive oil to your fish. Season your fish with the above seasoning. Again, swordfish is best for the grille because it is a tougher meat, but use any white fish.
Bring your grille to medium- high heat (2/3 the max heat).
Reduce the grille to medium heat and add your fish and cover the grille. At about 5 minutes, flip the fish and then let it cook on that side for another 5 minutes.
When the swordfish is ready, pull it off the grille.
Optional: squeeze half a lemon worth of lemon juice onto the fish.
Consejos y Trucos:
- Vegetables pair very well and can be grilled at the same time as the fish. Some vegetables to consider at potatoes, bell pepper, onion, summer squash, and zucchini.
- Feel free to mess with the amounts of the herbs and spices to get a flavor you enjoy best!
- For extra spice add more red pepper flakes or cayenne to the swordfish.