How to Manage Your Risk For Chronic Diseases
Cáncer de Mama
- 40: Discuss your options with your doctor.
- 45-55: Annual Mammograms
- 55+: Talk to your doctor about switching to every 2 years.
Cáncer de Pulmón
- Current or Former Smoker: Within the last 15 years. AND
- Heavy Smoker: Have smoked 30 pack years.
–1 pack/day for 30 years, 2 packs/day for 15 years, 3 packs a day for 10 years, etc.
- Age: 55-80 and the above two
- 45-75: Proyecciones periódicas.
- 76- 84: Discuss your options with your doctor.
- 85+ años: Screenings are no long recommended beyond 85!
- Annual blood work recommended is typically recommended and covered
- Under 45: Those at high risk: overweight, low activity, poor diet.
- 45+: American Diabetes Association recommends daily screenings at this point.
- Annual blood work after 20.
- Check Total, LDL, HDL Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Annual Blood Pressure Readings for high risk and at least readings every 3-5 years for average risk.