Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
Stove Top, Toaster, Frying Pan, Spatula
Spice up your avocado toast with some extra protein by adding smoked salmon.
Recipe makes 1 serving.
Food Group Servings
Note: For food group purposes, avocado is being counted as a Nuts & Seeds serving here due to its fat content. Although a fruit, nutritionally, avocado is classified as a fat.
2 large eggs
2 slices whole grain bread (sourdough, wheat, pumpernickel, ezekial)
2 ounces of smoked salmon
- dash of salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- hot sauce- optional
The recipe shows two eggs over easy, but they can be done any style. If you want to scramble, add the eggs to a bowl with the salt and pepper and mix. Otherwise, crack the eggs open and add to the pan when hot.
Place frying pan on stove top, spray pan with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Then add your toast to the toaster
Once the pan is hot, add the eggs to the pan.
- Scrambled- mix until they are solid
- Sunnyside- drop into the pan and cook until the egg white is as cooked as best you can.
- Over Easy- Once the bottom of the egg is solidly cooked, flip it and let sit until the other side gets cooked. Over medium let sit until the yolk mostly solidifies and over hard until the yolk is solid.
Once your toast and eggs are ready, top your toast with the eggs and smoked salmon. Then, take half and avocado and mash until it becomes creamy. The consistency of the avocado toast is up to you though, so feel free to keep chunky. Then top the eggs with it.
Tips & Tricks:
- Add hot sauce for extra flavor.