Frying Pan, Stove Top, Cutting Knife, Toaster
Avocado toast packs a major punch in the morning. It is loaded in healthy fats and protein to help you power through your mornings!
Recipe makes 1 serving. Double everything per slice of toast used.
Food Group Servings
2 large eggs
2 slices whole grain bread (sourdough, wheat, pumpernickel, ezekial)
- Dash of salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Hot sauce- optional
The recipe shows two eggs over easy, but they can be done any style. If you want to scramble, add the eggs to a bowl with the salt and pepper and mix. Otherwise, add to the pan when hot
Place frying pan on stove top, spray pan with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Then add your toast to the toaster
Once the pan is hot, add the eggs to the pan.
- Scrambled- mix until they are solid
- Sunnyside- drop into the pan and cook until the egg white is as cooked as best you can.
- Over Easy- Once the bottom of the egg is solidly cooked, flip it and let sit until the other side gets cooked. Over medium let sit until the yolk mostly solidifies and over hard until the yolk is solid.
Once your toast and eggs are ready, take the avocado and mash it then spread it onto the toast. Then place the egg on top and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
- Hot sauce is a great flavor addition
- Consider adding more herbs and spices you enjoy for extra anti-inflammatory properties
- Sprinkle cheese like cheddar or Swiss on top for extra calcium and flavor