Apple Slice Pancakes
Griddle or Skillet, Large Mixing Bowl, Mixing Spoon, Measuring Cup
Got too many apples sitting on the counter? Consider adding them to pancakes and add a little fruit to your breakfast.
Recommended Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Recipe makes 6 servings
Food Group Servings
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups pancake mix, prepared as written on package*
- or follow our instructions here
Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
In a large mixing bowl, prepare pancake batter (follow package instructions) and add cinnamon.
For each pancake, place 1 apple ring on griddle. Top each ring, with ¼ cup batter, starting in the center and covering the apple.
Cook until bubbles appear. Turn and cook other side until lightly brown.
Tips & Tricks:
- If pancake mix package calls for milk, use non-fat (skim) or low fat milk (1-2%). Health information will differ based on pancake mix and milk used.
- Granny Smith apples work best in this recipe, but feel free to try your favorite variety.
- To test the griddle to see if it is hot, sprinkle it with a few drops of water. When the drops sizzle and dance, you are ready to cook!
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to pour the batter on the hot griddle. It makes it way easier and less messy!